The Capitol Hill Working Group brings together conflict transformation practitioners, mediators, dialogue facilitators, circle holders, religious peacemakers, non-violent communication, interest-based negotiators, restorative justice practitioners and others who want to leverage their unique set of tools, skills and sensibilities to strengthen our democratic processes and bridge the U.S. policy divide.
This initiative seeks to call on local peacemakers to help strengthen our democracy.
The Hill working group is co-led by:
By building a national movement of peacebuilders able to tackle today’s most pressing policy challenges, the Hill WG works to promote collaboration across differences in our current political environment.
Collaboration on this initiative is based on the following guiding principles:
- A belief in a common humanity
- An attitude of curiosity
- A search for common ground
- September 2017 - Finding Leverage Points for Shifting U.S. Congressional Dysfunctions
- August 2017 - The Rise of Dangerous Speech in the U.S
- March 2017 - Calling on all Citizen Mediators to Bridge the U.S. Political Divide
- December 2016 - Picking up the pieces post U.S. elections